Smith’s RV is a family owned business that provides outdoor recreational products and services to our customers. As northwest Ontario’s largest RV dealer, we provide RV and marine products and services to over 40,000 customers. We are committed to providing enjoyment for our customers, providing fulfillment for our employees, and strengthening our community through our involvement with local charities and organizations. Our commitment to integrity, excellence, success and teamwork is why we are an industry leader in our 53RD year of business.
Benefits of working at Smith’s RV
At Smith’s, we genuinely care about our people and we want each and every employee to enjoy their work and achieve their goals.
Our employees enjoy an above average salary plus performance based compensation. Also included is an excellent benefits package not seen in most small businesses that includes health and dental, RRSP, $10,000 bonus after 10 years of service, product discounts, employee social club and much more.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty and never compromises integrity, then start your career with us!
Available positions at Smith's RV Centre
Position Description: Marine Mechanic
Smith’s RV has an immediate opportunity for a Marine Mechanic reporting to the service manager. The successful candidate will seek to perfect the tasks in which they get involved. It is a self driven position that requires superior problem solving and mechanical skills. Finesse and attention to detail is required for boat rigging as well as the ability to expertly work with your hands for fine adjustments and parts replacement.
This position differs from many mechanic positions as there is little work on your back creeping along the shop floor. Relative to auto and heavy equipment it is also quite clean and requires much less stress on your body. The successful applicant will also enjoy above average compensation as well as on and offsite training through both Mercury and Evinrude (BRP). Year round employment will be given with focus on manufacturer and cross training throughout the winter.
- Successfully completes assigned jobs in an efficient manner
- Completes and processes all paperwork for each assignment in a timely, consistent and accurate manner
- Participates in required training and also takes personal initiative to stay up to date on relevant service knowledge, bulletins and other changes with regards to new and existing products
- Appropriately assists other mechanic when required
- Provides input to the aftermarket team relating to product information, quality, warranty and other unit performance information
- Follows all safety, environmental and regulatory compliance protocols, policies and requirements
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment
- Provides and maintains the hand tools required to efficiently complete assigned work
- Operates, maintains and accounts for company equipment and vehicles
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume to Smith’s RV.
Smith's RV Centre
c/o Ben Hettrick
940 Cobalt Crescent
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5W3