Smith’s RV is a family owned business that provides outdoor recreational products and services to our customers. As northwest Ontario’s largest RV dealer, we provide RV and marine products and services to over 40,000 customers. We are committed to providing enjoyment for our customers, providing fulfillment for our employees, and strengthening our community through our involvement with local charities and organizations. Our commitment to integrity, excellence, success and teamwork is why we are an industry leader in our 53RD year of business.
Benefits of working at Smith’s RV
At Smith’s, we genuinely care about our people and we want each and every employee to enjoy their work and achieve their goals.
Our employees enjoy an above average salary plus performance based compensation. Also included is an excellent benefits package not seen in most small businesses that includes health and dental, RRSP, $10,000 bonus after 10 years of service, product discounts, employee social club and much more.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty and never compromises integrity, then start your career with us!
Available positions at Smith's RV Centre
Smith’s RV Centre has an exciting opportunity for an additional Warranty Writer, reporting to the Service Manager, to join our growing Service Team. We are looking for a strong communicator that finds job satisfaction perfecting every task through self directed processes and procedures. A career in Warranty Writing is motivating for people looking for predictable accomplishments achieved through a steady-paced, precise approach.
The position requires the successful completion of all warranty claims in a timely manner to ensure efficient and effective claims receipt. Warranty Writing is detail oriented and accuracy is paramount when creating and submitting claims with all of our vendors. In addition to claim submission you will also have to monitor, communicate and resolve outstanding warranty claims.
- Submits all warranty claims within agreed upon timeframes
- Accurately collects and transfers all warranty information to the claim application
- Ensures that parts are included with claim submission when required
- Effectively works with the Service Manager to complete all warranty related activities
- Ensures required authorizations are approved when appropriate
- Follows the processing and payment of all warranty claims in a timely manner
- Researches and resolves claims not paid in full by the manufacturer
- Regularly reviews the warranty-aging and receivables report with management to keep all warranty claims under 90 days
- Effectively works with other personnel to ensure accurate and timely warranty claims
- Understands and follows the established repair order process through to its satisfactory and timely completion
- Effectively keeps customers informed and updated of the repair status of their unit
- Stays current on product information such as recalls, service bulletins and warranty guidelines
Experience working in warranty is preferred.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume to Smith’s RV Centre.
c/o Lori Stecky
940 Cobalt Crescent
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5W3