Smith’s RV is a family owned business that provides outdoor recreational products and services to our customers. As northwest Ontario’s largest RV dealer, we provide RV and marine products and services to over 40,000 customers. We are committed to providing enjoyment for our customers, providing fulfillment for our employees, and strengthening our community through our involvement with local charities and organizations. Our commitment to integrity, excellence, success, and teamwork is why we are an industry leader in nearly our 60th year of business.
Benefits of working at Smith’s RV
At Smith’s, we genuinely care about our people and we want each and every employee to enjoy their work and achieve their goals.
Our employees enjoy an above average salary plus performance based compensation. Also included is an excellent benefits package not seen in most small businesses that includes health and dental, RRSP, $10,000 bonus after 10 years of service, product discounts, employee social club, and much more.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, and never compromises integrity, then start your career with us!
Available positions at Smith's RV Centre
Smith's RV Centre has an exciting opportunity for a full-time RV Technician reporting to the Service Manager. The successful candidate will achieve agreed upon productivity and efficiency goals - to benefit both the customers and the company. Additionally, they will effectively comply with all safety, tool(s), and job-related protocol, to ensure a clean, safe work environment.
Seeking candidates with a valid RV1 Propane Certification.
Salary range between $20-28/hour with efficiency bonus opportunities up to an additional $14/hour.
- Successfully completes assigned jobs in an efficient manner
- Completes and processes all paperwork for each assignment in a timely, consistent and accurate manner
- Participates in required training and also takes personal initiative to stay up-to-date on relevant service knowledge, bulletins, and other changes with regards to new and existing products
- Appropriately assists other technicians when required
- Follows all safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance protocols, policies, and requirements
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment
- Provides and maintains the hand tools required to efficiently complete assigned work
Benefits of Relocating to Thunder Bay:
Located on beautiful Lake Superior, Thunder Bay is home to stunning natural beauty giving an avid outdoor enthusiast plenty of options to explore the great outdoors.
The city offers modern amenities, a low stress lifestyle away from the congestion of large city living, with a low cost of living and affordable housing differing from other areas in Ontario. *See attached images for further information on home affordability in Thunder Bay.
Thunder Bay is the perfect place for people that are looking to expand their horizons, their careers, and themselves.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume to Smith’s RV Centre.
c/o Lori Stecky - 940 Cobalt Crescent, Thunder Bay, ON, P7B5W3