Smith’s RV is a family owned business that provides outdoor recreational products and services to our customers. As northwest Ontario’s largest RV dealer, we provide RV and marine products and services to over 40,000 customers. We are committed to providing enjoyment for our customers, providing fulfillment for our employees, and strengthening our community through our involvement with local charities and organizations. Our commitment to integrity, excellence, success, and teamwork is why we are an industry leader in our 60th year of business.
Benefits of working at Smith’s RV
At Smith’s, we genuinely care about our people and we want each and every employee to enjoy their work and achieve their goals.
Our employees enjoy an above average salary plus performance based compensation. Also included is an excellent benefits package not seen in most small businesses that includes health and dental, RRSP, $10,000 bonus after 10 years of service, product discounts, employee social club, and much more.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, and never compromises integrity, then start your career with us!
Available positions at Smith's RV Centre
Wage Range - $24-$34/hr
Efficiency bonus - up to an additional $16/hr
Smiths RV Centre is looking for apprentice or certified plumbers, electricians, carpenters, or RV technicians looking to expand their skills and improve their work-life balance right here in Thunder Bay.
We are looking to hire and train a professional with a trades background, any where from an experienced RV Technician to an apprentice trades person. The RV Technician position allows an individual to learn and practice a number of different trades in the comfort of our indoor, heated and fully equipped service centres either here in Thunder Bay or at our offsite location near twin city crossroads.
- Inspect and perform warranty repairs on new units arriving from the factory
- Inspect and perform repairs on used units purchased from customers
- Prepare units for customer delivery to ensure all systems operating as designed
- Perform propane safety checks and repairs (Smiths provides employee with necessary certification)
- Install vehicle hitching, wiring and weight distribution kits
- Perform warranty appliance troubleshooting and repair
- Diagnose and repair electrical concerns with assistance of a multimeter
- Carpentry repairs including flooring, wall panelling, exterior aluminum replacement, damaged framing replacement, etc.
- Plumbing includes fresh water and waste water systems similar to home applications
- Electrical repairs includes both 12V and 120V
- Aftermarket installs including solar systems, awnings, accessibility modifications
- Insurance repairs include tree impact, hail damage, water damage, etc
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume to Smith’s RV Centre.
c/o Gerald Gervais - Shop Coordinator
940 Cobalt Crescent, Thunder Bay, ON, P7B5W3